Sunday, February 05, 2006

Muhammad Cartoons

Apparently Muslims in Europe are up in arms because of some Muhammad Ali cartoons that they say are offensive. I recall seeing these cartoons, which I believe were called I Am the Greatest: The Adventures of Muhammad Ali, when I was a kid, and I don't know why these protesters think a cartoon from the 1970s is so offensive. But even if they are offensive, people have a right to show them. I think Muslims need to know that in the West we don't ban cartoons for being offensive, unless, of course, they appear to be gay. To show that I am in solidarity with the Europeans in taking a stand for free expression I am publishing a still picture from one of these cartoons here on my blog. I know I am taking a risk and in danger of being singled out for a fatwa for doing this but I believe there are times when you have to take a stand.


, , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Google