Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jon Swift Takes Over Crooks & Liars

Well, perhaps that headline is a bit misleading, but Mike Finnigan has graciously asked me to take charge of his Blog Round Up at Crooks & Liars beginning this Sunday, September 23, 2007. I'm not sure why he left me in charge of the round-up, whether it is because it is so difficult to find liberals who are dependable enough to handle such a big responsibility, or whether he is just tired of doing it and thinks handing the keys to me would be a good way to get fired. It certainly is a very great honor and it will be difficult filling Mike's very big shoes but I am steeled for the task.

However, I will need help finding suitably appalling liberal posts to link to so I would appreciate your suggestions. The more links you send me, the less I will have to trawl through the backwaters of the liberal blogosphere. And shameless self-promotion, as always, is welcome. I would like to link as much as possible to smaller blogs rather than the usual suspects because I think they will be more appreciative of the traffic sent their way and consequently feel more indebted to me. And if you have never been linked to by Crooks & Liars before, I will give your link special consideration. So please send those links to modestjonswift@gmail.com from now through next week.

While I am on the subject of bloggish things, I want to mention that I have removed all of the "nofollow" tags that were automatically applied to comments and backlinks on my site, which is a stingy device that removes any credit these links get from Google. I hope that other bloggers will follow suit. However, any spammers attempting to take advantage of my generosity will be dealt with harshly.

Finally, since I think my commenters don't get the recognition they deserve for the contributions they make to my blog, I have decided to inaugurate a new weekly feature where I will select a few of the most interesting comments, emails and mentions of my blog in the blogosphere that you may have missed. You will find the first edition of "Swift Reactions" here and below this post.

Update: My first blog round-up is up at Crooks & Liars. You can find it here. And here are the round-ups for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

17 comments:

Carl said...

One might ponder this Actor212 fellow's blog, Simply Left Behind, for wit and wisdom unusual for a liberal.

James Higham said...

I have decided to inaugurate a new weekly feature where I will select a few of the most interesting comments, emails and mentions of my blog in the blogosphere that you may have missed.

Hmmm - I think I'll put this to the test tomorrow.

pygalgia said...

I would humbly submit my very humble, very little, very liberal (complete with crabs and boobies) blog, http://www.pygalgia.blogspot.com/
Pygalgia, for consideration. I'll take all the readers I can get.

Anonymous said...

Cannablog doesn't have a lot of recent long-form text, but a lot of fine videos and links to other things.

I do however recommend:

I will not go to war with Iran.

Anonymous said...

I have a post about Iraq, guilt, and counter-intuitive polling. Also, there's some other things at my blog, Mike the Mad Biologist (including a humble proposal for preserving the sanctity of marriage).

Thanks for doing this.

jurassicpork said...

Almost anything written by d r i f t g l a s s is worthy of inclusion at the blog roundup.

Anonymous said...

I would also second the recommendation for d r i f t g l a s s.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why you would submit yourself to appearing on an obvious demoislamofascist blog but I guess that's your business. Good luck and I hope you show those moonbats a thing or two.

merlallen said...

I agree with purvis, get those barking mad uncivil moonbats for me, too.

jurassicpork said...

OK, how about this subversive post libeling our fine commander in chief and lapdog Senate by one of the usual suspects?

PoliShifter said...

Best of luck with the C&L roundup. Thanks for the link to Skippy's post on blogger nepotism.

I don't have anything very pithy to add at the momment, sorry.

Anonymous said...

I think this very short post which is hardly more than a few links and isn't really the same thing exactly as impeaching a public officer but I think it is very interesting anyhow.

mdi said...

Wow, congrats!

And also an excellent first post!

Miguel.

Anonymous said...

do you not see the irony? You are invited to guest post at a liberal blog and proceed to just reinforce everything they think of you. Are you not capable of anything more than hateful / divisive rhetoric?

Anonymous said...

Crooks & Liars is what's known as a left gatekeeper blog. Their job is discourse control, keeping the discussion within parameters "safe" for the regime, while simultaneously giving simpletons the illusion that America has free, open discourse. It's part of the overall programme of perception management, and serves roughly the same purpose as other well-known and lesser-known left gatekeeper blogs like Daily Kos, Democratic Underground, MyDD, Moxie Grrrl, Cannonfire, Huffington Post, Mother Jones, Sadly No!, The American Prospect etc. Don't fall for the fake opposition.

Anonymous said...

I too humbly submit my humble abode.
http://somehistoricalperspective.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

kobe shoes
russell westbrook shoes
golden goose sneakers
kyrie shoes
supreme
bape clothing
yeezy
cheap jordans
jordan travis scott
yeezy 350 v2

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Google