Friday, June 08, 2007

Blogpower Awards and Writers' Block Contest

When I started this modest blog, I was not seeking fame and fortune or to be showered with honors and awards; I had just one humble goal in mind: To save the world. Although I am still working on that goal (I think the next six months will be critical achieving it), it seems that honors and awards have been thrust upon me nevertheless.

This week I was very surprised and honored to discover that The Writers' Block had declared me the winner of the Writers' Block Contest for my post "Who Needs Books?" Considering the name of the contest, I feel I probably won as much for the posts I never got around to writing as for one that I did. I was even more pleased to discover that I have won a prize: books by Taryn Simpson, Lyda Phillips, James Buchanan, and Nancy O. Greene, which I shall add to my collection of books I have not actually read, though they will look very nice on my bookshelf. I would like to express my gratitude to everyone at The Writers' Block for this honor.

As if this weren't enough glory for one week, it seems I have also been nominated for a Blogpower Award for Best North American Blog or Column. You can vote for me here. Voting ends on Wednesday, June 13th, at 19:00, London time. If you are not familiar with Blogpower, you can learn more about this mysterious blogging cabal here. Thank you to everyone who nominated me.

In addition to voting for me, I hope that you will check out some of the other fine blogs that have been nominated, many of which might be unfamiliar to you. I would especially like to point out a few blogs that are on my blogroll that have been nominated and whose proprietors are very good friends who deserve your support: James Higham, whose blog Nourishing Obscurity has been nominated for Best Blog or Column outside North America and the U.K., Best Blogpower Blog or Column, Best Layout and Style, Most Articulate Wordsmith, and Award for Services to Blogging, Not Saussure whose blog is nominated for Best Britblog or Column, Best Blogpower Blog or Column, Best Political Blog or Column, and Most Articulate Wordsmith, Westminster Wisdom, whose blog is nominated for Best Britblog or Column and Most Articulate Wordsmith, and Fabian Tassano, whose blog Mediocracy is nominated for Best Layout and Style and Most Articulate Wordsmith.

Links to all of the blogs that have been nominated can be found below the voting poll so I hope you will take some time to check a few of them out.

Finally, if you have a spare 10 or 15 minutes please take the Blogads Reader Survey, which is supposed to help persuade advertisers to spend their hard-earned money on ads for my blog. Then perhaps Mrs. Swift can quit one of her three jobs. If you find any of the questions too tedious or prying, feel free to skip over them. And if you have already taken the survey at another blog, all you have to do is click on the link and it will automatically transfer your results to this blog as well. Mrs. Swift and I would be most grateful if you did us this little favor. Especially Mrs. Swift.

Vote for Jon Swift in the Blogpower Awards here.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

12 comments:

James Higham said...

...As if this weren't enough glory for one week, it seems I have also been nominated for a Blogpower Award for Best North American Blog or Column. You can vote for me here...

No, Jon, it's not enough. You were trailing badly but now I see you're zooming up to your rightful place. This contest needs to be fair.

Gracchi said...

Thanks for your link- and I think the glory is thoroughly deserved!

Lord Nazh said...

You're doing rather well Jonathon. Your Swift name seems to come thru :)

I sincerely hope if you pass me that you don't pass Ruthie though ^^

James Higham said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

This season, Louis Vuiton aswell appear abounding accoutrements for man. The Nomade covering is carefully arresting with the LV brand on the characteristic aureate assumption columnist lock closure. Calf covering and bolt lining are aswell locations of this affected bag. And this business portfolio is absolutely not a white elephant.

Model Baju Atasan Wanita Modern 2015 said...

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

Medical Value Travel India said...

Thanks for sharing post – much appreciated and now following you! Looking forward to your Post....

Prostate Cancer Treatment in India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

Health Blog India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

Tips and Tricks blog said...

I love that idea. Awesome Post..

Dr. Manish Sharma said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Dr. Anup Dhir said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Google