Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Milestones

This past weekend this modest blog reached several important milestones: Jon Swift turned one year old, which is like 42 in blog years; it received its 200,000th visitor, a teenager in Mahwah, New Jersey, who was doing research for school on who Time magazine chose as Person of the Year in 2005 and ended up here (we hope your report goes well!); Blogger Tom Delay linked to our piece "Taliban Rules" in the Carnival of Conservatives; we were invited to dine with a wonderful group of witty and articulate bloggers at the Algonquin Roundtable for a night a libation and conversation; and in a shocking last-minute upset we crushed Sadly, No! in the Weblog Awards! And we did it without having to send more tropes into battle. Congratulations to other winners on our blogroll: The Moderate Voice, Pam's House Blend, Crooks & Liars, and Michael Bérubé, who proved that you could run a dry educational blog and still win without resorting to cheap gimmicks to generate traffic. Now it's on to the Koufax Awards, where we hope to end the shameful history of discrimination against reasonable conservative blogs.

Share This Post
blinkbits BlinkList del.icio.us digg Fark Furl LinkaGoGo Ma.gnolia NewsVine Reddit Shadows Simpy Spurl TailRank YahooMyWeb

Rate This Post on BlogoWogo

, , , ,

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to learn the United States was actually sending tropes into battle, and I'm not sure you should share that information in a public forum. Doubtless a major reason the U.S. continues to forge ahead in the War on Terror is that the terrorists are expecting a human foe. Tipping them off could erode this advantage.

jmsjoin said...

Jon
You may have noticed I have been checking out your site. I am going to go link to you now. If you want to link to me I think you would find it enlightening.
I give an absolutely unbiased view of day by day events as we never get that or the truth. Lately I have been very hard on the current Administratio.
I consider myself a Conservative Democrat in search of the truth and seeing the right thing done for America and not a special interest or Party.
my link! http://www.anaveragepatriot.com

jmsjoin said...

Jon
Bingo you're on. I look forward to future conversations! By the way if you want to link to my Blogspot instead of my web site (main page) it is http://www.anaverageamericanpatriot.blogspot.com

Blader said...

You shoulda won. jmo

Surely, some learned body exists that could investigate alleged improprieties, disenfranchisement, technological shortcomings, fraud, and so on and so forth.

If it were me, I'd be magnanimous, but only maybe after a court decision.

Friðvin said...

Congrats on 1 year. I have a ways to go. :-)

a.k.a. Blandly Urbane said...

Happy Belated Blog Birthday.

I noticed that you don't have Blogiversary on your blog, you might want to add it. It tracks blogiversaries and lists those with a blogiversary. It's an interesting way to randomly visit blogs in a sense.

Here's the link if you are interested in checking it out.

http://www.brightandearlyblog.com
/blogiversary/addblogiversary.php

I broke the link in case it doesn't all show in the comment window.

Looking forward to reading your future posts now that I've discovered Jon Swift.

HopeSpringsATurtle said...

My Dear Mr. Swift,

Clearly the "software patch" I sent you worked well, yet I still have not recieved any correspondence from you per my last missive. I am very pleased by your "last-minute triumph", and will await your "note" with anticipation.

Fondly, HopeSpringsATurtle

Anonymous said...

Tom Delay linked to you? Ewwww! Cooties!

Anonymous said...

I mean Jon would you really want to be a member of a club that would have you as a member?

Anonymous said...

Do your analysis - this involves allegory what UK noble watches are affairs able-bodied on eBay. Searching brands and allegorical which is the a lot of profitable. Analysis out the competitions listings. I advance you address these down. A affected consistently carries a blow and feel of inferior quality.

Penile Implant in India said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

Dr. Pradeep Chowbey said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Google