Thursday, October 12, 2006

2006 International Weblog Award Nomination

This modest blog has received a great honor, a nomination for a 2006 International Weblog Award (the Bobs). These nominations, which include blogs from all over the world, will be narrowed down to 10 blogs in each category by an international panel of judges, who will make their decision on October 22. These judges, as far as I know, are not protected by the Geneva Conventions, so hopefully they will make the right decision. You can help prevent them from being whisked away to a secret prison at an undisclosed location by going to the Jon Swift Nomination Page and leaving a helpful comment and rating and checking the boxes for Best Weblog, Blogwurst Award and Best Blog in English. And while you're there you might also want to visit the pages for Polimom, Zuky and Lance Mannion. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this blog, here are some links to a few posts from over the past year to give you an idea of why it is so important to make your voice heard and not let the terrorists win:


, , , ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulation, it is a very well deserved nomination

Patricia said...

It was almost as great a pleasure to vote for this blog as it is to read it.

Thanks for being so damned good!

Patricia said...

Hmmmm..I left comments when I voted but they're not there, nor is anything by me listed as being considered by the moderator. I know they had database problems earlier today. I don't know whether to try again or if that would be taking a chance on giving the impression of spamming on your behalf.

nuke gingrich said...

Congratulations, Jon.
Let me know if you think the voting will be close. I'll be glad to lend my considerable Diebold hacking skills to ensure the desired result.

Daniel said...

One can be famous or infamous. You and Bush are at opposite ends of the spectrum. At your end, a pot of gold - at his a pot of reeking human waste!

Good luck!

fish said...

I am somewhat confused. The description for the award calls this a "satiric blog" from a "faux (sic) conservative" position. I am assuming that they simply misspelled "Fox" so that is an understandable error, but while I often find your posts witty, I don't see any satiric content. They must have been thrown by the reference to Jay Leno. Regardless, good luck!

Bitty said...

Voted, sir!

Tits McGee said...

Congratulations!

I totally fondled myself while voting for you.

Pete Blackwell said...

Yeah, that's still not as good as the (parenthetical remarks) Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence Award, but hey, good going.

Model Gaun Dress Cantik Korea 2015 said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Google