Monday, September 17, 2007

At the Emmys Fox Guards the Hollywood Henhouse of Obscenity

In the midst of another memorable acceptance speech at this year's Emmys Sally Field was cut off by Fox, the network broadcasting the awards show, when she said, "If mothers ruled the world, there would be no G-ddamned wars in the first place." Predictably, many liberals are in a tizzy, unjustly accusing Fox of censoring Field because of her traitorous anti-war views.


However, as others have pointed out, Fox's actions had nothing whatsoever to do with the political message of Field's speech. She was cut off not because her views are profane but only because she used the extremely offensive profanity "G-ddamned," which violates the Ten Commandments on which our Constitution is based. Although the FCC has been notoriously lax in fining broadcasters for using this particular obscenity, you can't take too many chances with the FCC and Fox really had no choice but to make sure the word did not air.

While I certainly applaud Fox for its efforts to protect us from words and images that could upset us, I think that Fox could do a much better job guarding its own henhouse. On Bill O'Reilly's show on Fox, on the September 14 "Pinheads & Patriots" segment, O'Reilly broadcasts Kanye West's obscenity laced tirade backstage at the MTV Video Music Awards. All of West's obscenities are bleeped out with the exception of one word: "G-ddamned." You can see the video of the segment by clicking on the link that says "Watch Pinheads & Patriots" here.

In the transcript all of the obscenities are replaced with "(expletive deleted)" except for the one obscenity banned in the Second Commandment:


Man, that's two years in a row, man! Get off this (expletive), man. I love these people but man. G-ddamn, man. Give a (expletive deleted) a chance, man. Give a black man a chance. I'm trying hard, man. I got the (expletive deleted) number one record, man. I'm trying, man. I don't give a (expletive deleted).
I am extremely disappointed in Fox News and Bill O'Reilly for broadcasting this horribly obscene word when children might be listening. Perhaps somebody with experience reporting transgressions to government agencies such as Uncle Jimbo at Black Five could report O'Reilly to the FCC. And I hope that all of my readers will write to Mr. O'Reilly at oreilly@foxnews.com and express your outrage at this coursening of our culture. I hope you will do it for the children.

Share This Post

blinkbits BlinkList del.icio.us Fark Furl LinkaGoGo Ma.gnolia NewsVine Reddit Shadows Simpy Spurl TailRank YahooMyWeb

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only applaud the efforts of the good people at Fox to act in the name of decency. Better late than never, I say. I just wish they'd get rid of their slogan, "Fair and Balanced", because it will only lead to capitulation to the Devil. May I humbly suggest, "We're always Right - Far Right."

Anonymous said...

which violates the Ten Commandments on which our Constitution is based

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Bill of Rights lovin' pacifist. But frankly, halfway through that clip I was rooting for guns and censorship. Whoa Gidget, turn down the bubbles!

Anonymous said...

Cut his mic, NOW!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. I thought there was something wrong with my TV. So nice to know that it was censorship instead. I'm shocked. Poor Sally. I do look forward to her getting awards because you just never know what she will say. I like her, I really do like her.

muebles a medida said...

Thanks for your post, quite worthwhile material.

putas said...

Pretty helpful info, lots of thanks for this article.

Youpi FT said...

Thanks for your post, quite worthwhile material.

DIY House Decor said...

Good information, very useful post. Thanks for sharing this. I definitely learned something valuable.Must bookmark this blog so that I could come back for more future readings.

mcdonalds nutrition data said...


good sharing, thank you for your information

wendys nutrition said...

I'm a Bill of Rights lovin' pacifist. But frankly, halfway through that clip I was rooting for guns and censorship. Whoa Gidget, turn down the bubbles!

0facebook said...

Pretty helpful info, lots of thanks for this article.

The 2008 Weblog Awards

Google